Annual Iris Show announced
The Mt. Pleasant Woman’s Club will be holding its 62nd annual Iris Show on May 18 in the Henry County Health Center lobby.
This year’s category themes are:
• Monochromatic (same color, different shades)
• Black Tie (formal arrangement)
• Mother’s Kitchen Cupboard
• Country Collage
• Salute to America
• Magnificant Mix
• Grand and Glorious
• Tiny Treasures (not more than six inches)
Rules for entering are as follows:
1. The Iris specimen or flowers contained in your arrangement must be grown in your garden or that of a friend.
2. All ages may enter. Children are encouraged to show in all categories.
3. Bring your own container for exhibiting Iris specimens. A glass pop bottle or wine bottle (label covered) works well. Irises are judged in color categories. Consideration is given to height, position of blooms on the stalk, size and shape of the flower.
4. Arrangements may be with or without Irises.
Registration is between 8 and 10:30 am. The show is open to thepublic from 12:30 to 3 p.m. There is no admission fee.
In addition to the live specimans of Iris at the Iris Show this year, the club has decided to include some other forms of art featuring Iris as their theme.
Fiber arts will include wall hanging or framed quilts, framed embrodery and crewel featuring an iris theme.
The club is also encouraging original art on canvas, pottery and carving featuring the Iris.
For these new exhibits, the club requests information about your item by May 10 so they can plan displays. They need to know what the item is and its size.
Items should be brought to the show on the morning of May 18 between 8 and 10 a.m.
The preferred way of contacting the club is through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, but you can also call 319-385-4386.