Mt Pleasant News
https://mt-pleasant-ia.villagesoup.com/p/1693975

Wash Journal   Fairfield Ledger
Neighbors Growing Together | Dec 12, 2017

Fire severely damages MP home

By Brooks Taylor, Mt. Pleasant News | Oct 06, 2017
Photo by: Andy Krutsinger The Mt. Pleasant Fire Department was hot on the scene on Thursday night as a house caught on fire around 10:30 p.m. The house was on the corner of Saunders and North White Streets.

A house at 106 N. White St. in Mt. Pleasant sustained major damage Thursday night from a fire. According to Mt. Pleasant Fire Chief Stewart Kinney, the fire, which started in the back of the residence, was reported shortly after 10:30 p.m. Kinney said the fire was caused by an overheated clothes dryer in the rear of the home. The house was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived. All occupants of the home safely evacuated the residence. No injuries to either the occupants or firefighters were reported.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.